At the Body Cairn we believe that all massage is not created equal. As every person is unique, so are their massage needs. Our therapists offer a broad knowledge of massage and bodywork modalities to best address your specific and unique therapeutic needs.
If you have any questions about what kind of session is right for you, please talk to your therapist.
- Swedish Massage: Utilizing fluid strokes, light to medium pressure, and a smooth rhythm, you will receive a relaxing yet rejuvenating massage.
- Sports/Orthopedic Massage: Using medium to heavy pressure, strong movements and joint mobilization, you will receive a therapeutic massage designed to aid in recovery and increased movement.
- Cranial Sacral Therapy: This gentle, slow bodywork form helps to bring calm and balance to the movement within the body. Relax into a deep connection with the most peaceful stillness you have ever known.
- Zen Shiatsu: With acupressure points, this Japanese art is a soothing massage that works to restore balance to the meridians of energy in the body.
- Thai Yoga Massage: Performed on a floor mat, this ancient bodywork uses movement and stretching to realign the body mind and spirit.
- Chi Kung Healing: Balance is an integral part of healthy living, and this energy work uses Chinese 5 Elements theory to encourage balance within and without.
- Perinatal Massage: For women in prenatal, labor or postpartum stages. Massage reduces aches and pains as well as stress on the body and mind, allowing for a more pleasant pregnancy, and a better connection between mother and baby.
- Phenomenal Touch: Incorporating long, broad strokes, this modality connects you to your body, your spirit, and your capacity for love and reverence. A calming and compassionate session awaits you.